In line with the Ministry of Health’s (MOH) announcement on 24 March 2020, Singapore Residents (i.e. Singapore Citizens (SC) and Permanent Residents (PR)) and Long-Term Pass Holders (LTP) will not be able to claim under MediShield Life (MSHL) or Integrated Shield Plans (IPs) for treatments at both public and private hospitals (unless they are eligible for exemption as described in 3rd & 4th paragraphs below) if they:
- leave Singapore from 27 March 2020, in disregard of prevailing travel advisories; and
- are admitted for suspected COVID-19; and
- have onset of symptoms during such travel within 14 days of returning to Singapore.
AIA Singapore is aligned with the government’s position on this matter, and support efforts to minimise the spread of COVID-19. This includes discouraging actions which run counter to the government’s containment and mitigation efforts. Hence with immediate effect, AIA HealthShield Gold Max will not provide cover for Insureds who meet the above criteria.
With effect from 3 June 2020:
All outbound SC/PR and LTP travellers approved under the Green Lane arrangement with China provinces & municipalities (Chongqing, Guangdong, Jiangsu, Shanghai, Tianjin and Zhejiang) and Singapore will now be able to claim under MSHL or IP for treatments at public or private hospitals in Singapore^.
With effect from 7 August 2020:
For future permitted travel arrangements, including Reciprocal Green Lane and Special Green Lane Fast / Green Lane arrangements, all outbound SC/PR and LTP travellers approved under these arrangements from 7 August 2020 will subject to the regular healthcare financing arrangements for inpatient Covid-19 bills should they have onset of symptoms within 14 days of returning to Singapore^.
- SC/PR travellers will be eligible to receive prevailing Government subsidies for their treatment and also be eligible to claim under MSHL or IP, but be responsible for any remaining co-payment.
- For LTP holders, they may tap on their prevailing financing arrangements as well.
^Public hospitals and private hospitals in Singapore will be able to identify travellers who will be able to claim from MSHL or IP. When they see such patients, they will e-file their claims.